Fire up the grill and chill the wine and beer! Labor Day weekend always seems to sneak up quickly but at least it gives us an excuse to relax and enjoy time with friends and family!
Here are few ideas to get ready for the long weekend ahead!
• 1/4 cup of butter
• 2 medium red onions
• 4 garlic cloves
• 3-4 cans of beer
• 8 bratwurst links
Don’t forget to top with: mustard, ketchup, dill pickles, and sauerkraut
1. Prepare the grill with medium heat
2. Place the butter in a medium disposable foil roasting pan. Place the pan on the grill rack and cook until the butter melts. Add the onions and garlic and cook for about three to five minutes. Add the beer and bring to a simmer. Place the pan on the low heat and keep the onion mixture warm.
3. Place the bratwurst on the grill rack. Grill, turning occasionally about four to five minutes. Transfer the bratwurst to the onion mixture and let stand until ready to serve.
Try ¼ cup beer to 1 lb of ground beef and mix before forming your patties.
-Pair your burgers with a Pale Ale, Classic Lager, and or a Red Blend Wine
-Pair with a Rose´or Summertime Wheat Ale
Shrimp & Salads
try this Shrimp Avocado Salad
• ¼ cup diced red onion
• ¼ cup diced cucumber
• 1 pound shrimp cooked, peeled, tails-off, deveined, chopped
• ½ avocado, diced
• 2 sun dried tomatoes, minced
• 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
for the dressing...
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon oil from sun dried tomato jar
• ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
• ¼ teaspoon dried basil
• ¼ teaspoon dried dill
(Recipe Courtesy of Show Me the Yummy)
Veggie Burger/ Vegetables
-Pair your vegetables with a Wheat Beer.The light flavor of the wheat beer allows the aromas of the vegetables to come through. Otherwise try with a California Chardonnay!
-Pair with a Pinot Gris or Beaujolais
or try some Buffalo Chicken Wings
• 12 skinless chicken wings
• ¾ cup of all purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon of salt and pepper
• 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
• 1 quart of vegetable oil for frying
• 1 tablespoon butter
• ¾ cup of hot sauce (have you tried Boborado’s Boom Boom Sauce?)
1.Rinse chicken wings in cold water; drain and pat dry with a paper towel
2. Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder, and flour together in 1 gallon resealable platic bag and add chicken wings and shake to coat chicken.
3. Heat oil in deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
4. Remove chicken from bag and fry until chicken is no longer pink in center. Takes about 7 minutes. Remove chicken with tongsand drain on paper towel lined plate.
5. Combine hot sauce and butter in saucepan over medium heat for about 5 minutes and coat thewings.
-Pair with a IPA or a Pinot Gris
BBQ Ribs or Pork
-Pair with a Zinfandel Wine
-Pair with a brown ale or a porter beer. The full flavor of a porter can compete the the rich and meaty texture of the steak. Otherwise try with a Cabernet Sauvignon.
serving a large group? try the Ginger Peach Sangria
• 1 bottle of Pinot Grigio
• 1 cup of Grand Marnier
• 3-4 Palisade Peaches
• splash of ginger ale
• 1 lime or lemon
• handful of mint and ice
Then stir together and chill in a pitcher!
Have questions? Don't hesistate to ask! Our staff is always ready to help and offer suggestions!
Have a safe and fun holiday weekend! - Your friends at Boones